[Project #3] Proposal for Final Installation!

Many times people's memories of their childhood can become part of their dreams.

The beautiful images of childhood will become dreams when we grow up. At least that's how it is for me. So, when I saw the dream-making installation art, I was fascinated. One of the important forms of installation art is to simulate or try to create a human "dream world", so when Jamie said we could do the theme of "Childhood Simulation", the first thing I wanted to do was I wanted to simulate a childhood dream. So, what I was thinking was, Jamie has an old TV set. I wanted to create a dream-like environment. When visitors watch the TV, it can create a feeling of childhood or a dream world.

But the difficult part for me to achieve this is that everyone's childhood is different. So I created an environment that doesn't necessarily give the visitor the feeling of childhood or a dream world. So I'm thinking that this is actually more like a kind of display/confession/expression/feeling of my own childhood or dream. I will collabrate with Jamie and Hong for this installation. And after our discussion, I think this difficulty can be overcome. Although what I want to express only represents my childhood, we can make an interactive installation so that visitors can integrate their childhood into this work of ours. For example, we have the idea of having a wall where people can leave their memories of their childhood. 

I want to prepare some flowers to put around the TV. Because Hong wants to make a swing, so if this can be done, I want to tie a lot of flowers on the rope to make a very beautiful swing. This scene I think in many people's childhood would appear. I also want to put some balloons. In the TV, if possible, show some cartoons. Put some of the games we would play in childhood on the side. This is a general idea I have.

I found two interactive and experiential artists that I really like. The first one is Andy Warhol, whose “Silver Clouds” create the feeling of fantasy. When I first saw this image, I felt like I was seeing my own dream world.

(Andy Warhol's Silver Clouds)

The second is Kohei Nawa, whose two installations attracted me. The first is “White Deer”, a pure white deer that resembles the cartoons I watched in my childhood. When I saw it, it seemed to pull me into the world of fairy tales. The second is “Foam”, which fascinated me the first time I saw it. The book "The Little Prince" was a big part of my childhood. I really love this book, and I can say that it influenced some of my character and values. The colors and textures of this installation put me in the world of "The Little Prince," and when Kohei Nawa is standing alone in it, it seems to overlap with the image of the Little Prince. It makes me feel her and the little prince's loneliness. 

(Kohei Nawa's White Deer)

(Kohei Nawa's Foam)

All three installations make me feel dreamy and recall scenes from my childhood. They give me a lot of inspiration. Like this “Silver Clouds”, we thought we could use balloons. Balloons must be one of the things that every child plays with in their childhood. And because our theme is colorful, balloons can help us to make a colorful picture. The “White Deer” and “Foam” reminded me of some childhood cartoons and books, such as “The Seven Colored Deer” and “The Little Prince”.







Our Group's Outline Proposal Link Here

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Andrew Norris "Queerness"

[Project #1] Installation Research Report

[Project #2] Group Project!