[Project #2] Group Project!

“The viewer is a participant.”(Julie, 35)

  This is my first time to make such installation arts exhibition. It is so funny that also can help me to broaden my mind. 

  At first, I don’t know how I can do for our installation arts but only having my own idea of the materials that I took. So, first I just walked around and saw what materials I can use or what installation I can help to do with. After I walked into the inside area, Jamie and I saw Johnie’s words, “Nothing for Sale”. And then she had an idea that put her electronic devices’ boxes under this sign. That makes a lot of interesting meaning for this boxes and the words. So, I had an idea suddenly that I can put my umbrella beside these installation. I can put the umbrella upside down and pour all the “trash” into the umbrella. It also can be shown as “nothing for sale”. Then, Jamie had an idea that she can draw a girl with T-shirt, and we can use the rest of the photographs to make a “photo shirt” for her. Then, because I poured the rest of the photographs as “trash” into the umbrella, we thought that we can put these together and when others come to see this exhibition, they can participate in. I really like this kind of installation arts. Each time I went to the technical museum, I would go to find this kind of installation all around the museum. It’s truly interesting to participate in the compose of the installation arts!



评论

  1. I love how the boxes were placed under Johnny's "Nothing For Sale" sign. That corner really attracted me. You guys did a great job!

    回复删除
  2. I was mostly on the other side of the room as we were working, but it's interesting to see that we all seemed to have similar processes. Most of us had no idea what to do but were inspired to add on to what others were doing and something cohesive came together in the end. I'm excited to be able to participate in the back half of the room still!

    回复删除

发表评论

此博客中的热门博文

Andrew Norris "Queerness"

[Project #1] Installation Research Report